Assess Now Intermediate is a formative literacy assessment with immediate, customized links to instruction for Grades 3-8 (covering reading levels L–Z).
Assess Now provides a snapshot of each student’s literacy strengths and areas in need of development. It’s quicker and easier than other formative literacy assessments so teachers have more time for instruction. Assess Now helps differentiate teaching and learning by providing strategies customized to the needs of individual students or groups of students.
In addition to determining each student’s instructional and/or independent reading level, Assess Now Intermediate assesses the following through a simple 5-step process:
- Knowledge of the Reading Process
- Oral Reading (including fluency and use of cues)
- Comprehension (literal, inferential, determining important ideas, synthesizing, visualizing, using context clues, using text features, and metacognition)
- Attitude Toward Reading and Writing
- Writing (fiction and nonfiction)
Assess Now Primary Kit
Assess Now Intermediate Fold-out Recording Sheets Add-on Package